Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sugar Cookie Icing

This is a great sugar cookie icing.  Its what I've been using on my sugar cookies.  I do wish it would dry a little faster though and not dry so shiny.  I will keep looking for one that is not shiny.  This one is a good one though if you don't care about it being matte of shiny.

I got this recipe off the all recipes website.

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp almond extract
assorted food coloring



In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth.

 Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.

Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.


I will have to work on not getting so much air in my icing.  It shows up too much when finished.

No comments: